Often times foreigners have difficulty in understanding Estonian behavior. In order to understand Estonia better you need to realize Estonians are the human version of cats!
1. Estonians are very cautious of strangers and need time to warm up to you. It’s not unusual for a course mate or co-worker to only approach you after two weeks of staring at you across the room.
2. Once they have warmed up to you they are there to stay.
3. They prefer to be alone or in small groups. Often times Estonians will prefer to stay home or go out with just a few friends.
4. Estonians can tolerate some physical touch such as shaking hands or a hug, but any more than that is dangerous.
5. Alcohol is their catnip even just a little transforms them into an entirely new person.
6. They love technology! Fitfully title E-stonia many Estonians are computer programmers or involved in another tech field.
7. They love milk. There seems to be in infinite number of milk and milk products.
8. Estonians tend to avoid expressing emotions.
9. But when they do they truly mean it.
10. In the end of the day they are just strange, but that’s whats great about them!